Rainbow Connection

Cause is Effect concealed, Effect is Cause revealed.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Mumbai reverts to BOMBay!

Here's to Mumbai...recently switched back to "BOMBay"...
...these lyrics from Incubus' song 'Pardon Me' are words that I can relate to after the hell the city just went through...

A decade ago, I never thought I would be,
At twenty-three, on the verge of spontaneous combustion. Woe-is-me.
But I guess that it comes with the territory, An ominous landscape of never-ending calamity.
I need you to hear, I need you to see
That I have had all I can take and
Exploding seems like a definite possibility to me.
So pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of this world and it's people's mindless games.

So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame.
Pardon me, pardon me... I'll never be the same.

Not two days ago, I was having a look in a book
And I saw a picture of a guy fried up above his knees.
I said, "I can relate," cause lately I've been thinking of combustion
As a welcomed vacation from the burdens of the planet Earth.
Like gravity, hypocrisy, and the perils of being in 3-D... And thinking so much differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home